Erotica Readers & Writers Association Blog

Friday, February 26, 2016

To Be Posted

by Jean Roberta

Dear Readers,

Please forgive me for not posting anything on my assigned day. I have a post planned, and I'm hoping it won't be too discouraging, since it's about unrewarded writing (or writing which has to serve as its own reward).

Life intervened with mysterious insistence. This morning, the furnace in the basement of my house sounded like a buzz saw which could be heard from the second floor. I seriously wondered if it would explode while Spouse and I were at work. I considered cancelling my classes, then compromised by calling a plumbing & heating company and rushing home as soon as possible to meet the repairman at my door.

Repairman examined the furnace, which was quiet, and found nothing wrong. Nothing. The loudest thing in the house was our guard dog, a little Pomeranian who barks at strangers.

In due course, I was told, an invoice will be mailed to us for the repairman's visit. Since he left, the furnace has been as quiet as a cat burglar.

Then I had to meet my Teaching Assistant to go over some student assignments.

Then Spouse filled me in on an ongoing situation at her work.

As long as the sun rises as usual, and my roof doesn't cave in (fingers crossed), I will post something here on February 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.